by Cara Perkins on 10/31/17
Before we start, let me say, this is a G rated, family-friendly post!
Many people say, "you are what you eat." What about what you drink? I'm sure you've heard the stories of drinking sodas, juice, diet drinks, fake sugar, aspartame, and the list goes on and on, right? Well, I've studied LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of drink studies. Let me short hand it for you because, if you can read it here in a few minutes, you won't have to spend hours, days and weeks studying. I'll save you TIME...here we go...
First , consuming sugar, in the form of drinks, is worse for you than eating sugar, for a couple of reasons.
1. It is empty calories. After you drink, you are still hungry and need nutritious food. If you are drinking calories, you have to add them to the calories of your food to find out how many calories you are consuming.
Some one my size (5'4") with moderate activity should have no more than 1800-2000 calories per day. A soda has approximately 160 calories. If someone drank 3 sodas per day, that would account for the number of calories for 1 meal. This is figured based on 3 meals and 2 snacks per day.
2. It can raise your chances of developing type 2 diabetes. The risk is significantly higher for people who drink just 1 sugary drink per day. Type 2 diabetes is on the rise in this country and sugar drinks are contributing to the increase.
3. There are many other health issues that can develop, or become worse, after drinking sugar...
blood pressure and cholesterol issues
What to do about it...
1. Stop drinking drinks with sugar, whether it's real sugar or fake sugar. You might say, "yeah, right, it's not that easy!" My response, "you can't afford not to. You deserve to feel the best and be the healthiest you can be!" So, how do we go about this? You have to train yourself and it WILL work! Your reason for not drinking sugar has to be stronger than your reason for drinking sugar. Hopefully, by this time in the blog, it is. I KNOW you don't want to give yourself unnecessary health issues. I KNOW you want to feel better, so, anything else you can add to the list of why not to drink sugary drinks, add to it. Make a list of all of your reasons. Put it as your wallpaper on your phone, laptop, and all electronic devices. Print out copies and put them on your bathroom mirror, fridge, and in your car. In your car? YES, IN YOUR CAR!!! Do you realize how many places you drive by everyday that have sugary drinks at your finger tips??? You have to be prepared! THIS IS WAR AND WE MUST WIN! Challenge your family and friends. Build an accountability group and everybody go all in together.
2. What to drink - water, unsweet tea, black coffee. There you go. There's your list! You might think I'm CRAZY, but, trust me, it works. I have always preferred unsweet tea, yes, unsweet, even though I live in Texas! Your taste buds and brain may have you believing that you ONLY like sweet tea. So, here's what you do. Everyday, make yourself sip on a cup of unsweet tea (cold or hot, it doesn't matter) - EVERY SINGLE DAY. After a couple of weeks, you will have developed a taste for unsweet tea. Same thing with coffee. If you like all kinds of stuff in your coffee, it's time to change that as well. Sip on black coffee everyday. Soon you will also develop a taste for black coffee as well. Then, last but not least, water, water, water. Drink lots of water. If you find yourself needing a little flavor, add a drop or 2 of therapeutic grade essential oil to your water, tea or coffee. You'll not only be avoiding the sugar, but you will be adding extra nutrition to your body with the oils!
3. WARNING - ALWAYS know what is in your drinks. Bottled tea typically contains extra chemicals in it, so be sure to read the label. If you are getting tea at a place where they don't brew it on site, beware! I only drink tea that is brewed on site.
4. You can ALWAYS find SOMETHING to drink wherever you go! At my local coffee house, I get green tea with no sweetner. The kind they have has peppermint in it and it's very delicious! Therapeutic grade essential oils come in small bottles, so they are very easy to carry with you to add flavor to any drink anytime. (be sure to only put the citrus oils in a glass made out of glass)
5. YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! YOU DESERVE THE BEST HEALTH!!!
For more information on essential oils, click here ===> THE OILS
This kind of drinking might seem CRAZY, but, trust me, if you dedicate one month to the process, you will feel a difference! You will start feeling better and will be taking care of YOU! You need to take care of you, not only for yourself, but so that you can be your best self for your family, friends, career and the WORLD!!! What would we do with you you? YOU are special! YOU matter! I want YOU to be healthy and happy :)